- Holds approx 15ml
- Equivalent to 2 mini tampons
- Equivalent to 1 light pad
Nora Light Pad Overview
The Nora Light Reusable Pad, is perfect for the lighter days of your period or as a cup back up. It’s unique slimline shape contours to your body to fit comfortably. It has a popper fastening which keeps the pad firmly in place, giving you the confidence to carry-on with your everyday. You'll never use disposable sanitary pads again.
Features I love
I absolutely love the elastic storage band on the back of the Nora reusable sanitary pads pads. I always store my clean and used pads compactly folded up. With other pad brands this is achieved by securing the wing poppers however with the Nora range simply fold your pad and slip over the elastic band to secure the pad, why did no one ever think of this before!
Reusable Period Pads Size
The sanitary pad length is 19cm
Designed to last
Nora reusable pads are designed to last for around ten years, or about 150 washes
The Nora Very Heavy Maxi Reusable Pad is made with a recycled polyester waterproof outer and PUL membrane for excellent leak protection! The Nora pads have a superb high quality, soft, stay dry layer which is so important on your heavy days.
- Top Layer- The Soft honeycomb top layer (that goes next to your skin) is made from 53% recycled polyester and 47% polyester making it incredibly soft against your skin.
- Absorbent Core- Made of 100% polyester towelling
- Waterproof Outer- The waterproof layer is made from recycled plastic bottle waste. Made from 100% recycled polyester with a PUL membrane to help protect against leaks.
Nora reusable sanitary pads are made with OEKO-TEX® Class II certified (11-6225 Shirley) approved fabrics, containing no nasty chemicals- making them kinder to your body and the planet.
- Rinse your washable period pads in cold water before washing.
- Wash at 30 with non-biological powder detergent.
- Don’t use bleach, fabric conditioner or stain removers.
Read the our full article on how to wash and care for your cloth sanitary pads.
How many pads do I need?
As a general guide for a:
- short and light cycle 6 daytime and 3 night time
- Average length and flow 10 day pads and 4-5 night pads
- Longer and heavier cycles 15 day pads and 6-7 night time pads.
How To Wash Cloth Pads
Washing reusable cloth pads in the washing machine is the most effective way to care for your pads
Here is a basic guide to wash pads:
- When you remove your used pads rinse them thoroughly with cold water till the water runs clear. You can gently rub them to help remove as much blood as possible.
- Either pop them in your normal washing with other clothes or store them in a wet bag until wash day.
- Wash on a cold wash at either 30 or 40deg. You can use your normal detergent but avoid fabric softener.
Most companies will advise you to avoid harsh chemicals, fabric conditioner and tumble drying, as eventually it will lead to a shorter life span and issues with performance.
How To Dry Reusable Sanitary Pads
Ideally air dry your cloth sanitary pads and avoid using a tumble dryer. This helps to keep your reusable pads in better condition and is more environmentally friendly. A “sock” airer is ideal for drying them and can be hung inside in winter for quick drying. Most pads will easily dry overnight. Some pads can be tumble-dried, but this should be done on low and is best avoided as tumble drying can shrink some fabrics and remove fibres (that’s what the fluff is in the filter.)
How long will my pads last until I need to buy more to replace them?
As a general rule our suppliers expect their pads to last 5-10 years with average wear.