- Four layers of absorbency
- Regular Flow days
Feeling Free Boy Shorts Period Pants
The Feeling Free boy shorts are a mid range and are great if you are waiting for your first period or well into menstruating.
Some people can find these tight on the thighs so you may want to consider sizing up.
The Feeling Free comes with four layers of absorbency that goes through the entire center of the knickers, from each waist band. They offer great protection for your lighter days and back up protection for your cup, tampon and pad.
Similar to all other Cheeky period pants, the boy short have an antiwicking layer next to the skin meaning you can wear these comfortably without worrying about leaking.
Care & Washing
Easy to care for, Cheeky recommends the following washing guidelines.
1. A cold soak
2. Machine wash on 30ºC, can go in with your normal load
2. Hang to dry
4. Don't use fabric softners, bleach or tumble dry.
How many pairs of period pants do I need?
We tend to find that 5-7 pairs of underwear are enough for the average cycle. 2 Night time pairs and 3-5 day time pairs means that you have enough to wash every other day and ensure that they dry in time for their next use.
Machine Washing Period Underwear.
Washing period pants in the washing machine is the most effective way to care for your undies.
Here is a basic guide to wash period pants:
- When you remove your used underwear rinse them thoroughly with cold water till the water runs clear. You can gently rub them to help remove as much blood as possible.
- Either pop them in your normal washing with other clothes or store them in a wet bag until wash day.
- Wash on a cold wash at either 30 or 40deg. You can use your normal detergent but avoid fabric softener.
Most companies will advise you to avoid harsh chemicals, fabric conditioner and tumble drying, as eventually it will lead to a shorter life span and issues with performance.