- Regular flow days
- Hold approx 15ml
- Equivalent 2-3 tampons
- Light incontinence leaks
WUKA Bikini Medium Flow Overview
WUKA Bikini Medium Flow Period Pants are perfect to replace a menstrual pad or tampon . They are designed for your Medium Flow days which tends to mean mid cycle or your whole period for those without any heavy flow days.
W Wuka Bikini Medium Period Pants are also ideal for light incontinence leaks. I like wearing period pants for exercising as my pelvic floor needs a bit of a backup with high impact sports, I wear my Wuka Bikini Medium Flow period pants if i'm going on a longer run or a class where i know they'll be a lot of jumping around. These aren't as slim as some of my other period pants/exercise pants but they do give me higher absorbency.
What I love about the Wuka Bikini Medium Period Pants is that there are NOT any seams! They absolutely look like ordinary underwear. The Wuka Bikini only has a small red label sewn onto the front and unlike some of their other Wuka pants it doesn't have the name WUKA printed around the elastic top. If you prefer a more discrete pair of period pants these are for you. There wouldn't be a reason you couldn't cut the WUKA red label off as well if you'd prefer them even more discrete.
The absorbency is mainly in the gusset however the absorbent area goes about half way up the back of the pants. This isn't visible from the outside though as there aren't any seams so nobody else could actually tell this. Outside of the absorbent gusset the rest of the pant is made with 2 layers of soft stretchy material.
|Size UK ||Size Universal ||Hip Size |
|4-6 ||2XS ||80-85 |
|6-8 ||XS ||85-90 |
|8-10 ||S ||90-95 |
|10-12 ||M ||95-100 |
|12-14 ||L ||100-105 |
|14-16 ||XL ||105-110 |
- HANDWASH: After use, rinse with cold water.
- MACHINE WASH Cold: Pop your WUKA with similar, dark coloured garments and wash at 30 to 40 degrees. Don't use fabric softener. (We also recommend washing any WUKAs with mesh or lace in a wash bag. This will help prolong the life and the strength of the mesh.)
- LINE DRY: Air dry your WUKA Period Pants outside on the line or indoors on an airer. Don't tumble dry it.
BCI Certified. The cotton they use is produced by farmers who care for the environment and minimise the negative effects of fertilisers and pesticides. They also care for the water, soil health and natural habitats, producing the most sustainable cotton for our pants as possible.
WUKA stands for Wake Up Kick Ass and their mission is to create the world's most comfortable and eco friendly period underwear.
How many pairs of period pants do I need?
We tend to find that 5-7 pairs of underwear are enough for the average cycle. 2 Night time pairs and 3-5 day time pairs means that you have enough to wash every other day and ensure that they dry in time for their next use.
Machine Washing Period Underwear.
Washing period pants in the washing machine is the most effective way to care for your undies.
Here is a basic guide to wash period pants:
- When you remove your used underwear rinse them thoroughly with cold water till the water runs clear. You can gently rub them to help remove as much blood as possible.
- Either pop them in your normal washing with other clothes or store them in a wet bag until wash day.
- Wash on a cold wash at either 30 or 40deg. You can use your normal detergent but avoid fabric softener.
Most companies will advise you to avoid harsh chemicals, fabric conditioner and tumble drying, as eventually it will lead to a shorter life span and issues with performance.