- Regular flow days
- Holds approx 15 ml fluid
- 2-3 tampons
- Wear up to 8 hours
WUKA Ultimate High Waist Medium Flow Overview
They are perfect to replace a menstrual pad or tampon .They are designed for your Medium Flow days which tends to mean mid cycle or your whole period for those without any heavy flow days.
The High Waist have the same basic construction as the Wuka Midi pants but they come up much higher and have a super stretchy waist. The waist offers upto a 45% stretch; so you stay comfortable and supported even when putting up with that all-so-common tummy bloating.
Wuka High Waist are made with Lenzing a modal fabric which is 3.5 times softer than cotton.
Why I Love Them
There are seams in the Wuka High Waist period pants. The seams are cleverly disguised in the design as they are positioned at the point where the fabric becomes a mesh rather than the main body of soft tshirt type material. Now I know high waist is back in fashion and is super comfy but to me these do look like "granny pants" but will definitely keep your kidneys warm! The sides are approximately double the depth of the Wuka Midi pants. Being medium flow the gusset doesn't feel much thicker than ordinary pants, so anyone doing your laundry wouldn't be able to easily tell they were anything other than good quality knickers.
The Wuka High Waist only has a small red label sewn onto the front and unlike some of their other Wuka pants it doesn't have the name WUKA printed around the elastic top. If you prefer a more discrete pair of period pants these are for you. There wouldn't be a reason you couldn't cut the WUKA red label off as well if you'd prefer them even more discrete.'
|Size UK ||Size Universal ||Hip Size (cm) |
|8-10 ||X-Small ||85-90 |
|10-12 ||Small ||90-95 |
|12-14 ||Medium ||95-100 |
|14-16 ||Large ||100-105 |
|16-18 ||X-Large ||105-110 |
|18-20 ||2X-Large ||110-115 |
|20-22 ||3X-Large ||115-120 |
- HANDWASH: After use, rinse with cold water.
- MACHINE WASH Cold: Pop your WUKA with similar, dark coloured garments and wash at 30 to 40 degrees. Don't use fabric softener. (We also recommend washing any WUKAs with mesh or lace in a wash bag. This will help prolong the life and the strength of the mesh.)
- LINE DRY: Air dry your WUKA Period Pants outside on the line or indoors on an airer. Don't tumble dry it.
BCI Certified. The cotton they use is produced by farmers who care for the environment and minimise the negative effects of fertilisers and pesticides. They also care for the water, soil health and natural habitats, producing the most sustainable cotton for our pants as possible.
WUKA stands for Wake Up Kick Ass and their mission is to create the world's most comfortable and eco friendly period underwear.
How many pairs of period pants do I need?
We tend to find that 5-7 pairs of underwear are enough for the average cycle. 2 Night time pairs and 3-5 day time pairs means that you have enough to wash every other day and ensure that they dry in time for their next use.
Machine Washing Period Underwear.
Washing period pants in the washing machine is the most effective way to care for your undies.
Here is a basic guide to wash period pants:
- When you remove your used underwear rinse them thoroughly with cold water till the water runs clear. You can gently rub them to help remove as much blood as possible.
- Either pop them in your normal washing with other clothes or store them in a wet bag until wash day.
- Wash on a cold wash at either 30 or 40deg. You can use your normal detergent but avoid fabric softener.
Most companies will advise you to avoid harsh chemicals, fabric conditioner and tumble drying, as eventually it will lead to a shorter life span and issues with performance.